Monday, October 7, 2013

Print: Reach

For my next linoleum print of the year, I took a compelling image of my friend and sketched it onto a piece of linoleum with my usual cross hatching style. I took my linoleum cutter and used it to cross hatch the spots untouched by my pen rather than carving out masses of light v dark. I used a larger cutter tip for her body to imply the perspective, but am not sure how much I like it. Nevertheless, I don't think it detracts TOO much from the overall print's impact

Forgetting to tell my art teacher that I planned on doing these prints over the weekend, I had no access to printing paper, so I used tracing paper and am not disappointed with the result. I am thinking of expanding this project to include some sort of layer or collage to utilize the transparency of the paper. 







1 comment:

  1. Molly, if you're thinking about experimenting with materials, check out Tara Donovan's prints. She uses rubber bands, bubbles, and various other every day items. They're very cool.

    ReplyDelete