Sunday, October 27, 2013

Independent Art Project: Concept

After much contemplation and throwing around ideas, I have begun to find a common ground among my brainstorms. This year, I would like to explore the idea of authenticity and façade in regards to humanity.

For my in-class Adv Art concentration, I will focus on the "façade" aspect, creating work that touches on insecurities of people. I will probably be focusing on paint and collage as my primary mediums.

For my out-of-class project, I am going to to explore a variety of mediums including sculpture, film, and graphic design to convey "authenticity." 

Hopefully when viewers look at my projects, they will find some sort of relation to the work even (especially) if it makes them uncomfortable. 

Artists that have really excited my need to throw off but also indulge the viewer include, but are not limited to, Ellen Gallagher, Keith Haring, Jenny Saville, and Wayne White. 

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed to see how much the ideas behind your project(s) have evolved. I think your proposal is solid, and at the same time, flexible enough so that you can explore a variety of approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your project ideas are fascinating! I am really looking forward to what comes of them.

    ReplyDelete